Keo has contentious experience in relation to patent and trademark law, in addition to commercial disputes. She has been involved in disputes before the English and European Courts, the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office and those committed to international arbitration.
Keo also advises on regulatory issues, with a focus on life science and food sectors. Her experience includes representing a generic pharmaceutical company in one of the first "pay-for-delay" patent settlement cases in Europe, as well as drafting research agreements and conducting investigations into laboratory good manufacturing practices.
In the transactional context, Keo regularly advises clients across a range of industries and deals. She has recently advised on IP and regulatory aspects of mergers and acquisitions for healthcare and technology clients, in addition to advising on IP licensing in technical sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising in respect of multi-jurisdictional patent dispute strategy, including acting in litigation and arbitration proceedings in respect of pharmaceutical and consumer goods.
- Acting for a global manufacturing and technology company to successfully prevent an ex-employee from sharing business secrets and know-how with competitors.
- Advising a major US technology company on the cross-border acquisition of a health and sleep app and related devices.
- Advising a multinational technology company preparing to launch a new hardware product, involving co-ordination of ex-US regulatory and consumer law due diligence.
- Advising a multinational enterprise application software company in relation to entering into a technology license agreement.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company to update IP and regulatory provisions in clinical trial agreements for various jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Food and Drug Law Institute - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2013)
- University of Oxford (Post Graduate Diploma Intellectual Property Law) (2014)
- Nottingham Law School (LL.B.) (2010)
- University of Cambridge (Natural Sciences) (2007)