Douvelin J. Serra-Gonzalez joined the Firm in 1996 and became a local partner in 2006. She is a recognized leading lawyer in the Central Region of Venezuela advising on corporate matters including exchange controls, mergers and acquisitions, corporate general tax and corporate reorganizations. Douvelin also advises on science and technology, and intellectual property matters.
Douvelin is part of the Corporate/M&A Venezuela practice group and advise clients in all corporate related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Obtained broad experience advising manufacturing, industrial, oil & gas as well as services companies in diverse sectors such as automotive, food, health, technology, agro-industrial, chemical among many others.
- Advised on real estate acquisitions from a corporate, tax standpoint.
- Participated in various significant divestitures of multinational companies in Venezuela.
- Represented the mergers and acquisitions of manufacturing industries.
- Negotiated the construction agreement of Subway trails of the city of Valencia with government authorities.
- Negotiated construction agreement of shipyards.
- Defends clients against the Venezuelan Tax Administration resolutions on income, value added and municipal taxes.
- Drafts articles of incorporation and by-laws of corporations and limited liability partnerships as well as negotiated and drafted joint ventures, merges, acquisitions, distribution, license, products sales and lease agreements.
- General Counsel of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Industrialists of Carabobo since 2014-present
- First Vice President of the Carabobo Oil Chamber-Carabobo Chapter for the period 2018-2020
- General Counsel and Legal Consultant of the Association of Executives of the Carabobo State, since 2014-present
- President of the Central Region Committee of the Venezuelan American Chamber (Venamcham), 2014-2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Caracas Bar Association - member
- Venezuelan Financial Association (ASOVEDEFI) - Member, December 1999
- Venezuelan Bar Association (Abogado) - Member, July 1995
- Venezuelan Industrial and Intellectual Property Association - Member, July 1995
- Latino Student Association - member
- International Law Student Association - member
- Venezuela (1995)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (LL.M.) (2001)
- Georgetown University (Diploma) (2000)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (Law Degree) (1994)
- Institute of the Supreme Court of Justice
- Participant as speaker in various regional forums on legal matters for the Chambers of Industrialists of the Edo. Carabobo (Valencia, Puerto Cabello, Guacara) and Edo. Aragua, National and Edo Oil Chamber. Carabobo, Venamcham, Valencia, Capemiac, José Antonio Páez University, Center for Technical Assistance to the Company of the University of Carabobo and Venezuelan Association of Friendship.
- Speaker at the Seminar "Pension and Housing Law" invited for this purpose by VenEconomía Seminarios y Eventos, C.A., Caracas Hilton Caracas Hotel.
- Writer of articles for the "Legal Report" Newsletter, a joint publication of VenEconomía and Baker McKenzie.