Hariharan is an associate in the Corporate Markets team in Melbourne.
He previously worked in the London office from May 2016 to June 2018, and prior to this worked at a top tier Australian law firm.
Hariharan acts for Australian and global clients on cross-border and domestic M&A, joint ventures, reorganisations and general corporate law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a global logistics provider on its acquisition of a leading Australian customs brokerage and freight forwarding business
- Acted for Melbourne based hotel developers and founding investors on the creation of the Tribe Hotel Group joint venture with Accor Hotels
- Acted for CPE Capital (formerly CHAMP) on its disposal of the Containerchain global logistics software group
- Acted for Hitachi Corporation’s on its USD 11 billion carve-out acquisition of an 80.1% interest in the global power grids division of ABB
- Acted for TNT UK Limited on the sale of its records management, document scanning and document destruction business division in the UK (TNT Business Solutions) to Restore plc (transaction value: GBP 88 million)
- Acted for Unilever NV on its successful bid and acquisition of the Latin American home and personal care business of Quala Inc
- Acted for Emerson Electric on its multi-jurisdictional carve out and disposal of its motors, drives and alternators business to Nidec Motor Corporation (transaction value: USD 1.2 billion)
- Acted for a leading pharmaceutical and medical devices group on UK aspects of a global post acquisition integration
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- High Court of Australia (2014)
- Victoria~Australia (2013)
- Australian National University (LLB (Honours - H1) / B. Ec)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.