Will Seivewright is a corporate partner in the Firm's Dubai office. He has practiced in the UAE for over eight years and also has significant experience of corporate transactions in many of the world's leading financial services markets including New York, London and Hong Kong.
Mr. Seivewright's practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions in the UAE, wider Middle East and internationally where there are cross border elements. He also advises on public takeovers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, private equity and venture capital transactions as well as all other general corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Bukhowa family on the divestment of its Yum Yum tree and other franchised restaurant businesses across Bahrain, the UAE and Qatar to Global Investment House.
- Advised Mubadala / Injazat Data Systems on its joint venture with IBM to bring IBM's Watson cognitive technology to the Middle East.
- Advised Leemar Investments FZE, the UAE-based investment company, on the USD 100 million investment in and acquisition of a 50% stake in SUSHISAMBA, a global restaurant business.
- Advised Dubai International Capital on the sale of its "Holiday Inn Express" hotels in Dubai to the Al Mulla Group and on the sale of its stake in Jordan Dubai Capital.
- Advised Valeant Pharmaceutical International, a publicly traded pharmaceutical company based in Canada in relation to the acquisition of a 40% stake in Medpharma, a pharmaceutical company based in Sharjah, UAE.
- Advised Petromin Corporation on its acquisition of UAE based Techno Lube from GGICO.
- Advise Mubadala Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of stakes in (i) Paris Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi and (ii) Zayed University Abu Dhabi.
- Advised the Steering Committee formed to oversee the USD 3 billion merger between Qatar Navigation and Qatar Shipping, the first announced public company merger in Qatar
- Advised Volvo Construction Equipment on its USD 1.3 billion acquisition of Ingersoll-Rand's road development business.
- Advised Spectrum Equity Investors on its disposal of World Check to Thomson Reuters and its acquisitions of (i) NASDAQ listed Irish company, Trintech PLC and (ii) Business Monitoring International.
- Advised The Carlyle Group on its acquisition of NP Aerospace, a UK manufacturer of composite products, from Reinhold Industries Inc. and (ii) Gardener Group, a supplier of metallic aerostructure details, equipment and engine components to the global aviation industry.
- United Kingdom (2003)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- Nottingham Law School (L.P.C.) (2000)
- University of Manchester (B.A. Law & Accounting Honors) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie.Habib Al Mulla is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.