Representative Legal Matters
- Represented argenx in its strategic collaboration for Efgartigimod in Greater China, including USD 75 million in upfront Zai Lab equity and USD 100 million in near-term milestone and other payments.
Advised Bayer in its acquisition of gene therapy company Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. for USD 2 billion upfront and potential success-based milestone payments of up to an additional USD 2 billion.
Represented Takeda in the sale to Neuraxpharm of global rights to the prescription brand Buccolam® (indicated for the emergency treatment of epileptic children with prolonged acute convulsive seizures).
Advised Astellas in its acquisition of Xyphos Biosciences, a development-stage biotechnology company focused on immuno-oncology therapeutics, for a total transaction value of up to USD 665 million including USD 120 million upfront and potential future development milestone payments.
- Represented H. Lundbeck A/S in its acquisition of Abide Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on multiple indications in neurology and psychiatry, for USD 250 million upfront and up to an additional USD 150 million in development and sales milestones.
Prior to joining the Firm, Denis provided counsel to:
AbbVie in a collaboration and option agreement with Mission Therapeutics to research and develop specified DUB inhibitors for the treatment of Alzheimer's Disease and Parkinson's Disease.
AbbVie in its strategic collaboration with Alector to develop and commercialize medicines and treat Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders.
Astellas in its global commercialization agreement with Seattle Genetics Inc. to commercialize enfortumab vedotin.
Celgene in its global immuno-oncology collaboration with BeiGene to advance PD-1 inhibitor programs for solid tumor cancers.
Minerva in its licensing agreement with Janssen Pharmaceuticals for rights to Orexin 2 compounds for the EU, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway.
AbbVie in its collaboration agreement with Principia BioPharma for the development of oral immunoproteasome inhibitors.
HealthCare Royalty Partners (HCRP) in a royalty monetization transaction pursuant to which HCRP acquired certain royalty interests relating to medical; products containing botuliniumtoxin for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- Dealmakers Award to Baker McKenzie Life Sciences Group, NJLJ Professional Excellence 2020
- Life Sciences Star, Financial & Corporate – Venture Capital, LMG Life Sciences, 2019
- Band 4, Corporate/M&A, New Jersey, Chambers USA, 2020
- Ranked, Corporate/M&A, New Jersey, Chambers USA, 2018
- Ranked, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2011 - 2017
- Ranked, The Legal 500, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey~United States
- Pennsylvania~United States
- Rutgers University School of Law, New Jersey (JD) (1992)
- Rutgers University (BS cum laude) (1989)