Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a prominent Middle Eastern businessman in relation to high-value fraud proceedings brought against another Middle Eastern businessman and his offshore vehicles. Prior to issuing the proceedings, obtained a without notice worldwide freezing injunction against the defendant parties.
- Acting for a leading hospitality group in relation to its successful defence of an oral contract claim for substantial commission alleged to be due in respect of a refinancing facility. The successful defence of this claim was widely reported in the hospitality sector press.
- Also acting for a leading hospitality group in relation to an unfair prejudice petition brought by two minority shareholders against the majority shareholders and the company.
- Advising an ultra-high-net-worth individual on a long-running, multibillion-dollar family trusts dispute, and pursuing related claims in a number of other jurisdictions.
- Acting for a syndicate of international financial institutions in relation to successful summary judgment proceedings in the Commercial Court arising out of a borrower's default on a facility agreement in excess of USD 150 million. The Court of Appeal upheld the summary judgment and both judgments were widely reported in the legal press for their implications on business-to-business contractual negotiations.
- Advising the principal beneficiary of a number of high-value trusts in relation to a dispute with the trustees and other principal beneficiary of these trusts.
- England & Wales (2016)
- University of Law (LLB) (2014)
- University of Oxford (BA Economics & Management) (2012)
Co-author (with Anthony Poulton and David Yadid), "Privy Council strengthens the protections afforded to Guernsey trustees of Jersey law trust," Private Wealth Newsletter, May 2018
Co-presenter (with Kira King and Emily Stoneham), "Fraud, Firewalls, and Freezers," Contentious Trusts Associates Spring Seminar, April 2018
Co-author (with Charles Thomson and Fleur Chenevix-Trench), "Ex Kremlin baker's court loss may signal tougher stance against sham trusts," Fraud Intelligence, January 2018
Co-author (with Anthony Poulton and Zak Soithongsuk), "Jersey Court summarises best practices for trustees contemplating a Beddoe application," Private Wealth Newsletter, December 2017