Jack Secunda is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Department of Baker McKenzie's London office, having qualified in 2016. Jack focuses on commercial litigation, civil fraud, and private wealth disputes.
Jack advises corporate and individual clients on a broad spectrum of complex and high-value litigation across a range of sectors. Jack's areas of focus comprise general commercial litigation, complex international fraud (including in relation to without notice injunctive relief), and cross-jurisdictional private wealth disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a prominent Middle Eastern businessman in relation to high-value fraud proceedings brought against another Middle Eastern businessman and his offshore vehicles. Prior to issuing the proceedings, obtained a without notice worldwide freezing injunction against the defendant parties.
- Acting for a leading hospitality group in relation to its successful defence of an oral contract claim for substantial commission alleged to be due in respect of a refinancing facility. The successful defence of this claim was widely reported in the hospitality sector press.
- Also acting for a leading hospitality group in relation to an unfair prejudice petition brought by two minority shareholders against the majority shareholders and the company.
- Advising an ultra-high-net-worth individual on a long-running, multibillion-dollar family trusts dispute, and pursuing related claims in a number of other jurisdictions.
- Acting for a syndicate of international financial institutions in relation to successful summary judgment proceedings in the Commercial Court arising out of a borrower's default on a facility agreement in excess of USD 150 million. The Court of Appeal upheld the summary judgment and both judgments were widely reported in the legal press for their implications on business-to-business contractual negotiations.
- Advising the principal beneficiary of a number of high-value trusts in relation to a dispute with the trustees and other principal beneficiary of these trusts.
- England & Wales (2016)
- University of Law (LLB) (2014)
- University of Oxford (BA Economics & Management) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.