Jennifer B. Seale is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Washington, DC office. Her practice focuses on cybersecurity, internal investigations, and regulatory compliance as well as complex administrative, civil, and criminal litigation.
Jennifer focuses her practice on cybersecurity issues, including crisis management, data breach response, internal investigations, regulatory compliance, and complex litigation. She also has significant experience advising clients on administrative, civil, and criminal litigation matters. Jennifer advises clients in several industries, including financial services, hospitality, manufacturing, telecommunications, and energy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counseling one of the world’s largest hospitality companies regarding a global payment card breach involving thousands of impacted locations. Coordinating payment card investigation and regulator inquiries.
- Providing financial services client with advice related to its incident response plan and preparedness for a cyber incident.
- Counseling a major energy company regarding crisis management and incident response related to a network intrusion.
- Advising a global manufacturing company regarding a malware incident.
- Assisted in an internal investigation and regulator inquiries related to a network intrusion at a major exchange.
- Counseled one of the world’s largest providers of banking and payment services with respect to a significant cyber attack.
- Advised a leading financial institution regarding crisis management related to a significant cyber threat.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a multinational energy corporation regarding allegations that employees were involved in the theft of trade secrets.
- Advised a major energy company regarding the company’s response to an alleged cyber threat.
- Advised a major telecommunications provider regarding an investigation by the Office of the Inspector General of the United States General Services Administration and United States Department of Justice.
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2012)
- District of Columbia~United States (2010)
- New York~United States (2010)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.) (2009)
- Georgetown University (A.B., magna cum laude) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.