Amanda Scribante is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Group in London. She has published several articles relating to project financing, renewable energy, mining and construction litigation.
Amanda's practice focuses on corporate structuring, finance, project contracting and regulatory issues, predominantly in construction, coal and renewable energy. She also has experience in the resolution of construction and engineering disputes arising from both local and international standard form and bespoke contracts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the lenders in relation to the project financing of two 75MW solar PV projects under Round 4 of South Africa's Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement (REIPPP) Programme.
- Advising sponsor on a coal-fired power plant project as part of the Department of Energy's Coal Baseload IPP Programme in South Africa.
- Advising the employer on the front-end negotiation and drafting of a ZAR 1.6 billion EPC Contract for a tailings retreatment gold plant.
- Preparing a standard set of Joint Building Contracts Committee Principal Building Agreement Edition 6.1 errata for an international institution, to be used throughout Africa.
- Acting as legal counsel for an insurance company on a proposed acquisition, corporate finance structuring, and negotiation of project documents for two solar photovoltaic projects situated in Namibia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2017)
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma Law) (2014)
- University of Edinburgh (LLM cum laude) (2013)
- University of Pretoria (LLB) (2010)
Author "Unpacking the Nuclear Court Ruling," Fin24, MoneyWeb, Lexology and Insurance Gateway, May 2017
Author, "IEP and IRP Updates," Lexology, January 2017
Author, "Nuclear RFI," Internal Client Alert, December 2016
Author, "Variations in Construction Contracts: NEC3 and FIDIC Compared," Lexology, October 2016
Author, "Export Credit Financing for Coal-Fired Projects - A Thing of the Past?" Without Prejudice, September 2016