Ryan is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Tax and Global Wealth Management practice groups. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ryan worked in the national tax departments of two of the world’s largest accounting firms.
Ryan focuses his practice on international tax planning and global wealth management matters. He has experience advising clients in regard to financial products and institutions including: debt modifications and restructurings, AHYDO instruments, original issue discount, variable rate debt instruments, and discharge of indebtedness income.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association, Section on Taxation Steering Committee
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- District of Columbia~United States (2019)
- U.S. Tax Court (2019)
- Florida~United States (2012)
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (LLM in Taxation) (2018)
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (JD) (2012)
- St. John's University (Master of Arts) (2009)
- Ohio State University (BA) (2005)
- Washington, DC
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.