Gerald Schumann is experienced in matters relating to mergers and acquisitions. A practicing lawyer since 2001, Mr. Schumann joined the Firm as a partner in 2008.
Mr. Schumann advises clients on M&A transactions, including public or private mergers and acquisitions, private equity, as well as venture capital transactions. He also acts for national and international clients on the legal aspects of restructurings, securities offerings and other general corporate matters
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Shanghai Electric on the acquisition of a participation in listed Manz AG.
- Advising RWE/E.ON on the joint sale of the participations held in Luxembourg based utilities provider Enovos to a consortium led by Ardian and the State of Luxembourg.
- Advising Barry-Wehmiller on several transactions, incl. the acquisition of the operations of Winkler+Dünnebier GmbH (W+D), the acquisition of insolvent bielomatik Leuze GmbH + Co KG's paper business division and the acquisition of the paper machine business of Körber AG.
- Advising Flowserve Corp. on the acquisition of SIHI Group from Thyssen-Bornemisza Group.
- Advising TVH Group on the acquisition of mateco Group from Odewald & Cie.
- Advising Penta Investments on the acquisition of Gehring Technologies from Stargate Capital.
- Advising ACM Projektentwicklung GmbH on the sale of a participation in Leica Camera AG to Blackstone.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association
- Germany (2002)
- Civil Court Munich (Referendar Exam) (2001)
- University of Munich (Assessor Exam) (1998)
- University of Paris II (Pantheon-Assas) (License en Droit) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.