Jason's practice focuses on dispute-based work in addition to his transactional and advisory work.
His dispute-based work includes acting for large domestic and international clients in various construction-related matters involving litigation, arbitration and mediation.
His transactional work includes drafting and reviewing contract documents in relation to major developments in commercial and renewable energy sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Providing strategic advice to and facilitating the engagement of an expert for an engineering company in relation to an anticipated arbitration. The potential claims concern the failure of a supplied component and the costs associated with its subsea recovery and replacement as part of the construction of an offshore gas extraction facility.
- Acting for a domestic construction professional services company in relation to arbitrations arising out of the expansion of a prison complex.
- Advised an international construction company on drafting back-to-back subcontracts for a large renewable energy storage project.
- Advised a building developer on the drafting of a contract to engage a builder to design and construct a large apartment tower.
- Advised the transport division of a global industrial manufacturing company on the provision of technology updates to an Australian railway system.
- Advising a listed power generation company on the development of major renewable energy hub in Queensland.
- Advised a university regarding potential defects associated with one of its buildings on campus.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Society of Construction Law - member
- Women’s Legal Service Victoria - Assist with matters before the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2020)
- Supreme Court of Victoria~Australia (2019)
- University of Melbourne (J.D.) (2018)
- Marquette University (Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering ) (2007)
- A Non-standard Error: The Application of the Højgaard Case in Australia (2018) 29(10) Australian Construction Law Bulletin 98
- Are the Security of Payments Planets Finally Set to Align? (2017) 174 Australian Construction Law Newsletter 38