Julien Schraub is a tax manager in the Tax Group of Baker McKenzie’s Luxembourg office. He has more than eight years of experience in Luxembourg and international tax law. Prior to joining the Firm in 2010, he was a senior tax advisor in a Big Four accountancy's international tax services department for two years.
Mr. Schraub advises multinational companies on general and international tax planning, as well as tax matters related to mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring. He has experience in all areas of Luxembourg income tax law, with an emphasis on corporate taxation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Regularly advises private individuals on patrimonial engineering.
- Advised a multinational company on the tax consequences of its acquisition of an asset management company in Luxembourg.
- Assistance with the potential tax issues arising from corporate restructuring and guidance in connection with the implementation of a tax-efficient financing structure.
- Assisted a specialized private equity firm in the acquisition and funding of aircrafts.
- Advised an asset manager on the implementation of a financing structure in view of the acquisition of shipping vessels.
- Assisted a global asset manager in the implementation of various financial transactions and the acquisition of a UK real estate property.
- Robert Schuman University of Strasbourg (DJCE Master in Business and Tax Law) (2007)
- Montpellier University (Certificate of Specialization in Tax) (2007)