Dr. Matthias Scholz has more than 20 years of experience in the IT/C industry sector and advises German and international companies of all industry sectors in the full range of information technology, intellectual property as well as communications and media law concerns in contentious and non-contentious matters. He is a member of the firm’s global IT/C Steering Committee and chairs the firm's European IT/C Steering Committee. He led the Germany/Austria Information Technology (IT) Practice Group for many years. He chairs the advisory board to the German Association of Law and Informatics (DGRI).
Dr. Scholz's particular focus is on outsourcing, including all legal aspects of multinational Internet, e-commerce and media business models and the international processing of personal data. His practice also includes Internet law, e-commerce law, media law, privacy law, telecommunication as well as general commercial law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the largest European banks in a post merger integration of their IT infrastructure through an intragroup outsourcing.
- Advised one of Germany’s largest banks in connection with the outsourcing of the private wealth management platform of its British affiliate bank to a Swiss bank, including the preparation of the agreement.
- Advised an international manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceutical products on the implementation and operation of a whistleblowing hotline in 22 European and non-European jurisdictions.
- Advised a leading manufacturer of storage equipment on becoming a globally operating IaaS (storage) provider.
- Advised an Asian world market leader on consumer technology in connection with building a platform combining TV, Internet and social hubs for mobile end-user devices.
- Advised a manufacturer and distributor of asset management software for the financial sector for more than 10 years on all upcoming major licensing, implementation and maintenance contract negotiations.
- Advised a leading IT service provider on organizing its international flow of personal data when operating ERP systems through equipment located in numerous countries around the globe.
- New York~United States (1994)
- Germany (1990)
- Tulane University (LL.M.) (1992)
- University of Freiburg (Dr. jur.) (1988)
- University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (1986)
- University of Reims (Licence en droit) (1983)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.