Kai Schlender is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Frankfurt. Before joining the Frankfurt office, he worked in the Berlin and Shanghai offices of Baker McKenzie. Besides his legal career, Kai has earned Bachelor and Master of Arts degrees in Sinology and is a guest lecturer at Humboldt and Free University of Berlin, where he regularly teaches Chinese law and politics.
Kai advises on a broad range of corporate matters, particularly domestic and international M&A transactions. His practice has a focus on China-related projects, such as M&A transactions and joint ventures involving Chinese parties, both in- and outbound.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Frankfurt Bar Association - Member
- German-Chinese Lawyers' Association - Member
- Germany (2017)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Second State Exam) (2017)
- Free University of Berlin (MA Sinology) (2016)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (First State Exam) (2013)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (BA Sinology) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.