Simon Schiff is a member of the Firm's Structured Capital Markets Group in London, where he works on a wide range of capital markets and structured finance transactions.
Simon has extensive experience advising on a wide range of debt capital markets transactions with particular emphasis on structured finance, securitisation, receivables financing and supply chain financing. He has advised arrangers, originators, rating agencies and investment funds in connection with domestic and cross-border structured finance transactions including securitisations, portfolio sales, warehousing and conduit financing of a wide range of assets including residential and commercial mortgages, auto loans, consumer loans, corporate loans, equipment leases, dealer floorplan receivables and whole business structures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising major investment banks and originators on 18 securitisations of prime and non-conforming residential mortgage securitisations.
- Advising originators and financial institutions on various cross-border trade receivable, consumer loan and corporate loan financings, including through conduit structures.
- Advising the originator on the EUR572 million Turbo 7 securitisation of HP, PCP, and HP + UK auto loans.
- Advising participants, financiers and platform providers in relation to trade receivable and supply chain financing.
- Advising an investment fund on the purchase and securitisation of a portfolio of UK auto loans.
- Advising leading investment banks and originators on various warehouse facilities backed by, among other things, UK residential mortgages, portfolios of consumer loans and other more esoteric assets.
- Advising a leading lease financing company on the securitisation of its equipment lease receivables.
- Advising a leading rating agency on CMBS and emerging market securitisations.
- Supreme Court of England & Wales~United Kingdom (1997)
- College of Law at London (1995)
- University College London (LL.B. (Hons)) (1994)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.