Tetsuro Sato is a counsel in the Firm’s Corporate and Euro-Japan groups in Tokyo. He has extensive experience in various kinds of corporate and cross-border and domestic business transactions. Mr. Sato is a member of the Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association.
Mr. Sato focuses his practice on cases involving M&A, business restructuring and international transaction company law. He also handles intellectual property, labor, competition and tax matters. He advises on business contracts of distributorship, license, sales of goods, cross-border dispute resolution. Mr. Sato also provides assistance to start-up foreign inbound investment including organization and labor.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted clients in negotiation, documentation and due diligence coordination in cross-border and domestic M&As relating to pharmaceuticals, drug store chain, chemical, IT, automobile parts and machineries.
- Assisted clients in planning and drafting of a package of business legal documents for cross-border supply and distribution for food, food material and apparel.
- Provided advice and documentation regarding cartel for an international air cargo company and an automobile parts company and unfair trade practice involving a golf goods company.
- Assisted in the negotiation and drafting for broadcasting rights and sponsorship rights in major international sport events.
- Negotiated in dispute resolution for a domestic food company in an overseas dispute due to grain failure and for an international kitchen appliance company in a domestic product liability dispute with a supplier and customers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
- Japan (1994)
- University of Illinois College of Law (LL.M.) (1999)
- University of Tokyo (LL.B.) (1991)