Bima Sarumpaet is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group.
Bima focuses on matters related to real estate investment trusts (REITs), leases, joint ventures and acquisitions in the industrial, commercial, hotels and resorts and residential property sectors. He has assisted international and domestic clients in various high-profile transactions involving real estate and M&A matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a listed Indonesian property conglomerate in relation to a joint venture, through its subsidiary, with a Hong Kong-based company for the development of residential and commercial areas in Jakarta.
- Represented a listed Indonesian property conglomerate in relation to a joint venture, through its subsidiary, with another Indonesian conglomerate for the development of residential and commercial areas in East Jakarta.
- Represented a listed Indonesian conglomerate that engages in the property sector in relation to the acquisition, through its subsidiary, of a block of land in East Jakarta for residential and commercial areas.
- Represented an international trust services company in its capacity as a trustee of an Indonesian real estate investment trust in relation to the acquisition of a retail mall in Kuta, Bali.
- Represented an Indonesian conglomerate in relation to the development of a luxury residence located in Jakarta's central business district.
- Represented a subsidiary of an Indonesian property conglomerate in relation to the sale of strata units.
- Represented a Singapore government-linked company in its joint venture, and the sale and purchase of land to develop an integrated development in Central Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Represented a Singapore government-linked company in its acquisition of a substantial portion of the residential area in a mixed office, residential, hotel and retail development for the development of serviced apartments.
- Represented a local real estate company in connection with the establishment of an Indonesian joint venture company with another local real estate company, and its intention to acquire through the joint venture company.
- Acted for an international private equity firm on the acquisition of a residential/retail complex, and also the acquisition of mezzanine debt.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI) - Member
- Indonesia (2006)
- Atma Jaya Catholic University (BA Law) (2005)