Paula Sarti is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Miami. Ms. Sarti assists leading global technology companies on complex cross-border transactions, including the planning and implementation of global corporate reorganization projects, pre- and post-acquisition integration, internal restructuring, separation and spin-offs, and entity rationalization. Her approach to cross-border transactions helps clients achieve greater efficiencies, proactively manage risks and increase deal certainty.
Ms. Sarti's practice focuses on global corporate restructuring and integration projects, including holding company and supply chain restructurings, tax-planning restructurings, and spin-offs transactions. She also provides clients with practical, innovative advice on a wide range of cross-border business issues.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised Symantec Corporation in the sale of its information management business (dba Veritas) to The Carlyle Group (announced deal value USD 8 billion) (international aspects only), and in the sale of its Enterprise Security assets to Broadcom Inc. (announced deal value USD 10.7 billion) (international aspects only).
Advised Nuance Communications, Inc. in the sale of its Document Imaging division to Kofax, Inc. (announced deal value USD 400 million) (international aspects only), and in its spin-off of automotive software business Cerence Inc. (international aspects only).
Advised software companies in multiple global spin-offs of major business units in over 50 countries.
Advised global semiconductor companies on several post-acquisition integrations.
Advised the world's largest medical technology company on post-acquisition integration of its business operations in APAC, EMEA, and LATAM.
Advised a global networking solutions company in connection with multiple post-acquisition integration projects.
Advised multiple multinational companies on the planning and implementation of cash repatriation transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- State Bar of California
- Bay Brazil
- Florida~United States (2022)
- California~United States (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2012)
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D.) (2012)
- University of Southern California (B.A. International Relations, cum laude) (2007)
- San Francisco
- Co-author, "Using Purchase Price as Retention: A Multijurisdictional Survey of the Tax Treatment of Holdback Arrangements," Baker McKenzie Insight (originally published by Bloomberg Law), October 2020
- Co-author, "Global Transparency Trends and Beneficial Ownership Disclosure," International Comparative Legal Guide on Corporate Governance Laws and Regulations, July 2020