Gloria Santona is Of Counsel in the Chicago office of Baker McKenzie.
Gloria served as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of McDonald's Corporation. Since 1977, she held positions of increasing responsibility in McDonald's legal department, serving as US General Counsel from December 1999 to June 2001 and corporate General Counsel from June 2001 until 2017. As a member of the company's executive leadership, she was actively involved in the company's growth strategy. She led the company's worldwide legal, risk, compliance and regulatory function.
Widely respected in the legal profession, Gloria was named an Outstanding General Counsel by the National Law Journal and has been recognized as one of America's Top General Counsel by Corporate Board Member magazine. Under Gloria's leadership, McDonald's legal department won numerous awards for its commitment to diversity and pro bono.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Aon PLC - Member of the Board of Directors, Audit and Governance Committee, Chairman of the Compliance Committee
- Rush University Medical Center - Member of the Board of Trustees, Vice Chairman of Audit Committee
- Greater Chicago Food Depository - Member of the Board of Directors
- National Immigrant Justice Center - Member of the Leadership Board
- American Bar Association - Member
- Association of General Counsel - Member
- National Association of Corporate Directors - Member
- Illinois~United States (1977)
- University of Michigan Law School (JD cum laude) (1977)
- Michigan State University (BS) (1971)