Guy has been a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie since 1999. He was co-head of the Capital Markets group in Australia for a number of years.
His main areas of practice include ASX listings, capital raisings, cross-border listings, public company takeovers and mergers, private company acquisitions, buy-backs and reconstructions, and corporate governance. As well as the areas of practice expertise in capital markets and M&A transactions, Guy has an industry focus on fintech clients. This includes advising on their regulatory, transactional, and capital raising needs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for fast growing fintech Afterpay Limited on its IPO and ASX listing, initially capitalised at $125 million. This was the best performing IPO on ASX in 2016.
- Represented Afterpay on its merger with Touchcorp Limited by way of two parallel schemes of arrangement under Australian and Bermudan law to form Afterpay Touch Group.
- Acted for Afterpay on secondary capital raisings and strategic placements to raise over $500 million, and to expand into the US and UK markets.
- Acted for fintech Achiko Limited on its US$100 million cross border listing on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Acted for fintech Raiz Invest Australia Limited on its IPO and ASX listing.
- Acted for Mantra Group Limited in its $1.2 billion acquisition by AccorHotels by way of scheme of arrangement (public company M&A).
- Acted for BigAir Group Limited in its $200 million acquisition by Superloop Limited by way of scheme of arrangement (public company M&A).
- Acted for the administrators of TEN Network Holdings on the Court-approved transfer of minority shareholdings to CBS as part of TEN's recapitalisation and takeover.
- Acted for Sundance Energy Australia Limited on its redomicile to the US and NASDAQ listing, by way of scheme of arrangement.
Acted for Capral Limited on an innovative buy-back of convertible notes implemented by way of Capral making a takeover bid for its own securities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Financial Services Institute of Australia - Fellow
- New South Wales~Australia (1997)
- Western Australia~Australia (1992)
- University of Western Australia (LL.B.) (1991)
- University of Western Australia (B. Juris Honours) (1990)