Pawel Samolewicz is an English-qualified associate in Baker McKenzie's Warsaw office, with 8 years of post-qualification experience.
Pawel focuses on Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, as well as Mergers & Acquisitions. He regularly advises lenders and borrowers on financing matters, equity capital markets transactions, and transactions concerning bond issues and introducing them into the market. His experience includes advising on the English law aspects of public and private M&A matters in the Polish market.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the commercial financing of the construction of a fiber-optic network in Eastern Poland as part of an EU-subsidized project.
- Advised on an equity capital markets project involving a Ukrainian entity listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Advised a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as rail rolling stock and healthcare equipment on a series of M&A transactions in the energy, infrastructure and healthcare sectors in several countries (in-house).
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on various loans in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Advised a global leader in financial services in connection with Essar Global GBP 1 billion bond issue.
- Advised a global leader in financial services on the issue program for USD 3 billion medium-term bonds of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation.
- Advised in connection with the issue program for EUR 1 billion medium-term bonds of Metso Corporation.
- Advised in connection with EUR 110 million IPO of Warimpex on the Vienna and Warsaw Stock Exchanges.
- Advised in connection with USD 140 million IPO of Bank of Georgia GDRs on the London Stock Exchange.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- Senior Courts of England & Wales~United Kingdom
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2007)