Stefania Salles Bruins is an associate in the Corporate & Securities Group and her practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity transactions and reorganizations. Stefania has been involved in sophisticated M&A deals, guiding buyers and sellers through domestic and international transactions in various industries, including the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, retail and professional services sectors. Stefania has significant experience representing European and Latin American clients, including joint venture partners from start-up capital investments to leveraged buy-outs of established multinational operating companies. She also advises private companies on general corporate compliance and corporate formation matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- A US healthcare manufacturer in its acquisition of assets from two major global companies in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A multinational electric utility company in the acquisition of a development stage 225 MW solar project in Borden County.
- A private equity investor in its acquisition from another private equity fund of two concessionaires in New Jersey.
- A leading international marketing company in the purchase of a US company focused on integrated marketing programs in the US.
- A leading international private equity and investment advisory firm in the leveraged buyout of a manufacturer and supplier of glass containers.
- A US manufacturer of industrial parts in its acquisition of all interests in a Korean and Australian company manufacturing above ground storage tank products.
- A major foreign independent power developer as the seller in a competitive auction to divest its interest in a combined-cycle power plant and a cogeneration power plant located in California.
- A foreign financial institution in connection with its acquisition of an equity interest in a wind energy project under development by a major US renewable energy developer in Kansas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York City Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2009)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M. Fulbright Scholar) (2008)
- Leiden University (LL.M.) (2007)
- Leiden University (LL.B.) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.