Stefania Salles Bruins is an associate in the Corporate & Securities Group and her practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity transactions and reorganizations. Ms. Salles Bruins has been involved in sophisticated M&A deals, guiding buyers and sellers through domestic and international transactions in various industries, including the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, retail and professional services sectors. Ms. Salles Bruins has significant experience representing European and Latin American clients, including joint venture partners from start-up capital investments to leveraged buy-outs of established multinational operating companies. She also advises private companies on general corporate compliance and corporate formation matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Matters handled prior to joining Baker McKenzie include:
- Represented a mobile commerce system in its arrangements with issuers.
- Represented one of the largest sovereign wealth funds in its investment in a US company.
- Represented Wanxiang Group Corporation in its investment in A123 Systems, Inc.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in its acquisition of a state-of-the-art underground salt cavern facility located in Smith County, Mississippi.
- Represented multiple shareholders and management in the transfer of the entire share capital of a Dutch limited liability company to a French holding company.
- Represented a German holding company leading in technology consultancy in its acquisition of a highly specialized service provider in the area of advanced non-destructive testing.
- Represented a private individual in its acquisition of a portfolio of seven hotels operated by InterContinental Hotel Group from Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund.
- Represented an individual minority shareholder in its buy-out of a majority stake in an asset management company as part of a dispute resolution strategy.
- Represented a major Dutch television group in a two-tier partnership investment with a Scandinavian party.
- Represented an individual Turkish investor in negotiating exit rights from a joint venture with a Dutch consultancy company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2009)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M. Fulbright Scholar) (2008)
- Leiden University (LL.M.) (2007)
- Leiden University (LL.B.) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.