Raúl Salas heads the Firm’s Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing practice groups in Madrid. His practice also covers M&A transactions and tax unit regimes, particularly those related to the automotive and financial services industry. Mr. Salas began his career in Landwell PriceWaterhousecoopers in 1995, and joined Baker McKenzie in 2005. He was appointed Firm partner in 2006.
Mr. Salas focuses his practice on corporate tax planning — both at the national and international level — including providing advice on corporate tax structures. His practice also covers transfer pricing and tax audit advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an Italian laboratory regarding due diligence on a public offer in Italy.
- Represented a US pharmaceutical company in an APA negotiation with Spanish authorities.
- Represented a Swiss multinational group on tax audits related to an ETVE Spanish holding company structure.
- Madrid~Spain (1999)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (M.D.)
- Sevilla University (Law Degree)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.