Andrew Sagor is the Co-Chair of the Leveraged Finance Practice in North America and a partner in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group based in New York. Andrew mainly focuses his practice on structuring and negotiating market-shaping private equity and debt financing transactions. Andrew is a member of the Firm's Private Equity Steering Committee in North America.
Andrew routinely advises leading private equity firms and their portfolio companies, privately held and publicly traded Fortune 500 companies, hedge funds, alternative asset managers, lenders and other financial institutions on a wide variety of large cap and middle market financing transactions, including major leveraged buyouts, domestic and cross-border acquisitions and other leveraged financings, senior secured debt, high yield, bridge and mezzanine financings, workouts and restructurings, asset-based facilities, purchases of distressed debt and general corporate finance matters. Transactions range in size from tens of millions to in excess of USD 20 billion.
Known for his ability to advocate for clients in high-stakes negotiations and for his solutions-oriented approach, Andrew has successfully handled complex leveraged financing transactions in an array of industries throughout the United States and in international markets, including healthcare, industrials, manufacturing, transportation, technology, media and telecommunications, mining and restaurants.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised MyTheresa's reorganization in connection with Neiman Marcus's Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advised the initial purchasers, solicitation agents and lenders in connection with the implementation of a new global funding structure by Encore Capital Group, Inc.(NASDAQ: ECPG), an international specialty finance company.
- Advised a subsidiary of Grupo ISA, Interconectado Eléctrica ISA Perú, in the acquisition of Peruvian energy transport company Orazul Energy Group from Inkia Energy for USD 158.5 million.
- Advised Calera Capital in its acquisition of Thayer Power & Communication Line Construction Company, LLC from The Anderson Group and in its subsequent financing matters.
- Advised Daiwa Securities Group on its investment in Global X, a US-based issuer of ETFs that is owned by Mirae Asset Global Investments.
Prior to joining the Firm, Andrew was a partner in the New York office of an international law firm, where he was a member of an industry-leading debt finance practice. Andrew provided counsel to:
- TPG Capital in its acquisition of Transplace Logistics Solutions and in its subsequent financing matters.
- Brookfield Business Partners in its acquisition of approximately 60% of Teekay Offshore Partners for a total investment of approximately USD 750 million and in its subsequent financing matters.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its investment in Prometric and in its subsequent financing matters.
- Billion dollar first and second lien credit facilities in connection with Vestar Capital’s acquisition of IRI Holdings, Inc. and in its subsequent financing matters.
- Ad hoc committee of first lien senior secured creditors in a USD 4.25 billion debtor-in-possession and exit financing for Vistra Energy (formerly Texas Competitive Electric Holdings Company LLC).
- Rising Star, New York Super Lawyers, 2018 - 2020
- Recipient, U.S. Department of State’s Meritorious Honor Award
Prior to law school, Andrew served as the Special Assistant to the US Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues within the Office of the Secretary of State under two Secretaries of State (General Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Summer Search New York City - Member, Board of Directors
- New York~United States
- New York University School of Law (JD) (2010)
- Amherst College (BA with distinction) (2003)