Carlos Sagaón-Garza is a national partner in the Firm’s Banking & Finance Practice Group in Mexico City. He joined Baker McKenzie in 1999. Mr. Sagaón has relevant experience in cross-border credit transactions, project finance, domestic credits and financial regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinating with and advising a major real estate financial client in the financing of a credit facility granted to one of Mexico’s largest real estate funds for the financing of industrial facilities in Queretaro, Chihuahua, Baja California, Jalisco, Estado de Mexico, Tlaxcala, Quintana Roo, and the Federal District.
- Coordinating and advising on the syndication process of a USD272 million industrial real estate loan.
- Coordinating with and advising a client in the insolvency procedure filed by one of Mexico’s largest paper producer conglomerates.
- Assisted clients in the structuring and documentation of several financing loans involving personal property, inventories and other rights guaranteed with various mechanisms such as trusts and pledges.
- Advised clients on the structuring of several loans for tourism industry projects.
- Advised clients on the structuring and documentation of several loans and financing for renewable energy projects.
- Advised several clients on the negotiation and documentation of various national and international credit transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers
- International Chamber of Commerce
- Mexico (2001)
- University Autonoma de Ciudad, Juarez (Law Degree) (2001)
Co-author, Immigration chapter, Doing Business in Mexico, Second Edition, Juris Publishing, 2008.
Co-author, Consumer Protection chapter, Doing Business in Mexico, Juris Publishing, 2001.