Lena von Richthofen, a senior associate, is a member of the Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Dusseldorf. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in January 2013, she worked as legal trainee in international law firms in Hamburg, Dusseldorf and New York assisting clients in cross-border and domestic M&A transactions. She is currently finishing her doctoral thesis on corporate and labor law.
Lena advises German and international clients on corporate law issues, including private and public M&A, private equity, joint ventures and corporate reorganizations. She also routinely handles general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised HOCHTIEF on various M&A transactions and corporate reorganizations, including the sale of the business unit Service Solutions to SPIE SA, the sale of the property management business to vincitag group, the sale of the offshore business to DEME Group and the restructuring of HOCHTIEF’s European business.
- Advised SPIE on the acquisition of Osmo Anlagenbau (electrical engineering solutions) and Lück group (building technology).
- Advised Bayer on the sale of its participation in chemical park operator Currenta.
- Advised Körber AG on the sale of its grinding division.
- Advised Ufenau Capital Partners on the acquisition of Kruppert and various add ons.
- Advised Teléfonica/E-Plus on the sale of yourfone to Drillisch.
- Advised Unilever on the purchase of skin care company Dermalogica.
- Advised ATLAS ELEKTRONIK (a ThyssenKrupp subsidiary) on various M&A transactions and corporate matters, including the establishment of cross-border joint ventures.
- Advised Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft on various restructuring and corporate matters.
- Advised Japanese Yanmar Group on the purchase of/investment in several German mid-sized enterprises in the engineering sector.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dusseldorf Bar Association - Member
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV) - Member
- Germany (2013)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg (Second State Exam) (2012)
- University of Bonn (First State Exam) (2007)