Lena von Richthofen, a senior associate, is a member of the Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Dusseldorf. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in January 2013, she worked as legal trainee in international law firms in Hamburg, Dusseldorf and New York assisting clients in cross-border and domestic M&A transactions. She is currently finishing her doctoral thesis on corporate and labor law.
Lena advises German and international clients on corporate law issues, including private and public M&A, private equity, joint ventures and corporate reorganizations. She also routinely handles general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising HOCHTIEF on various M&A transactions and corporate reorganizations, including the sale of the business unit Service Solutions to SPIE SA, the sale of the property management business to vincitag group, the sale of the offshore business to DEME Group and the restructuring of HOCHTIEF’s European business.
- Advising Teléfonica/E-Plus on the sale of yourfone to Drillisch.
- Advising Unilever on the purchase of skin care company Dermalogica.
- Advising ATLAS ELEKTRONIK (a ThyssenKrupp subsidiary) on various M&A transactions and corporate matters, including the establishment of cross-border joint ventures.
- Advising Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft on various restructuring and corporate matters.
- Advising Japanese Yanmar Group on the purchase of/investment in several German mid-sized enterprises in the engineering sector.
- Advising US-based FEI Company on the purchase of a German startup company manufacturing products to be used in optical applications.
- Advising Belgian CMOSIS International NV on the purchase of Awaiba group, a producer of image sensors.
- Advising Swiss Sulzer AG on the sale of its Metco division to OC Oerlikon.
- Advising the US chemical group Chemtura on the sale of its antioxidant and UV stabilizer business to SK Capital, and on the restructuring and sale of its consumer product division to KIK Custom Products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dusseldorf Bar Association - Member
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV) - Member
- Germany (2013)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg (2012)
- University of Bonn (2007)