Susan E. Ryba is the Chicago office hiring partner and a member of the North American Tax Practice Group. Susan is primarily involved in federal tax controversy matters. She advises clients in a wide variety of industries, with particular focus on technology, computer software, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industries. She also is a frequent speaker for the Tax Executives Institute and Bloomberg BNA.
Susan concentrates her practice on federal tax controversies that involve a wide range of international and domestic issues. She is particularly well versed in international tax issues, including transfer pricing, effectively connected income, Subpart F, and foreign tax credits. She represents clients in all stages of federal tax controversies, including audits, administrative appeals, alternative dispute resolution proceedings, and litigation. Susan has resolved most of her matters without litigation through various dispute resolution forums, including IRS appeals and competent authority.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2006)
- Illinois~United States (2006)
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2006)
- Cornell University (B.S. magna cum laude) (2003)