Baker & McKenzie LLP
Thomas Ryan is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Chicago.
Thomas advises clients on transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, post-acquisition integrations and other strategic transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a consortium led by CVC Capital Partners, one of the world's largest private equity fund managers, on its acquisition of Anchor Glass Container Corporation, a glass bottle packaging company, for USD 1.1 billion.
- Advised Johnson Controls on the spinoff of its automotive experience business into a new publicly traded company, Adient.
- Advised Baxter International on the spinoff of its biopharmaceuticals business into a new publicly traded company, Baxalta Incorporated.
- Advised Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of StanCorp Financial Group, an NYSE-listed financial services firm, in a cash merger valued at USD 5 billion.
- Advised Physicians Realty Trust, an NYSE-listed REIT, on its follow-on public offering of 15.8 million common shares.
- Advised Merrill Corporation on the carve-out and divestiture of its Legal Solutions Business.
- Illinois~United States (2015)
- Georgia~United States (2014)
- Emory University (J.D. with Honors) (2014)
- University of Dallas (Bachelor of Arts honors, magna cum laude) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.