Antony Rumboll is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie. Antony advises on capital markets and public M&A transactions and has a distinguished 15 year legal career in both private practice and as an in-house lawyer.
Antony was a senior member of the in-house legal function at a global financial services firm for 10 years, where he advised on transactional matters across the full breadth of its market leading Australasian investment banking business. He draws on this significant experience to provide a unique insight to clients across a wide range of corporate finance transactions and other matters.
Antony's practice focuses on the full spectrum of capital markets transactions, for both issuers and underwriters, as well as public M&A transactions. He also provides general corporate, fundraising, securities and mergers & acquisitions advice, across various sectors.
He also has broad experience on financial services regulatory matters affecting investment banks and other financial institutions.
Antony's university studies were in Natural Sciences (Genetics) and he has experience, and a professional qualification, in intellectual property law and practice.
Representative Legal Matters
Capital Markets - IPOs
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the AUD 4 billion IPO of QR National (now Aurizon) on the ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the AUD 2.5 billion IPO of Healthscope on the ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the AUD 995 million IPO of Spotless Group on the ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the NZD 500 million IPO of Fonterra Shareholders Fund on theNZX and ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the AUD 583 million IPO of Genworth Australia on the ASX.
Capital Markets - Placements, Rights offerings, Block Trades and Capital Management Initiatives
- Advising Sundance Energy Australia Limited on it’s USD 260 million capital raising to fund its acquisition of acreage in the Eagle Ford Shale.
- Advising UBS as joint underwriter of the AUD 5.1 billion entitlement offer by Commonwealth Bank of Australia for balance sheet purposes.
- Advising UBS as joint underwriter of the AUD 1.01 billion entitlement offer by Virgin Australia for balance sheet purposes.
- Advising UBS as joint underwriter of the AUD 800 million entitlement offer by Qube to partially find its joint acquisition of Asciano.
- Advising the Australian Commonwealth Government on the A$8 billon Telstra 3 share offer.
- New South Wales~Australia (2006)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- Nottingham Law School, UK (Post Graduate Diploma in Law)
- University of Bristol (Diploma Intellectual Property Law and Practice)
- University of Cambridge (MA Natural Sciences)