Antony Rumboll is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie and is head of the Australian Equity Capital Markets group. Antony advises on capital markets and public M&A transactions and has a distinguished 20 year legal career in both private practice and as an in-house lawyer.
Antony was a senior member of the in-house legal function at a global financial services firm for 10 years, where he advised on transactional matters across the full breadth of its market leading Australasian investment banking business. He draws on this significant experience to provide a unique insight to clients across a wide range of corporate finance transactions and other matters.
Antony's practice focuses on the full spectrum of capital markets transactions, for both issuers and underwriters, as well as public M&A transactions. He also provides general corporate, fundraising, securities and mergers & acquisitions advice, across various sectors.
He also has broad experience on financial services regulatory matters affecting investment banks and other financial institutions.
Antony's university studies were in Natural Sciences (Genetics) and he has experience, and a professional qualification, in intellectual property law and practice.
Representative Legal Matters
Capital Markets - IPOs
- Advising Home Consortium in connection with its AUD 325 million IPO and ASX listing (awarded FinanceAsia's 2019 Best IPO of the Year).
- Advising UBS and Macquarie Capital as joint lead managers of the AUD 109 million IPO of Prospa Group Limited on the ASX.
- Advising Litigation Capital Management on its de-listing from ASX and admission to the AIM market.
- Advising PINCHme.com on its IPO of CHESS Depositary Interests and listing on the ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the AUD 2.5 billion IPO of Healthscope on the ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the AUD 995 million IPO of Spotless Group on the ASX.
Capital Markets - Placements, Rights offerings, Block Trades and Capital Management Initiatives
- Advising Sundance Energy Australia Limited on its USD 260 million capital raising to fund its acquisition of acreage in the Eagle Ford Shale.
- Advising the underwriters in respect of secondary capital raisings by Centuria Capital, Centuria Industrial REIT and Centuria Metropolitan REIT.
- Advising Afterpay Limited in relation to its AUD 317 million placement and associated sell-down by certain founders to two US cornerstone investors.
- Advising Afterpay Limited in relation to its AUD 200 million strategic placement to a leading US based technology investor.
- New South Wales~Australia (2006)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- Nottingham Law School, UK (Post Graduate Diploma in Law)
- University of Bristol (Diploma Intellectual Property Law and Practice)
- University of Cambridge (MA Natural Sciences)