Antony Rumboll is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie. He advises on capital markets and public M&A transactions and has a distinguished 15 year legal career in both private practice and as an in-house lawyer.
Antony was a senior member of the in-house legal function at a global financial services firm for 10 years, where he advised on transactional matters across the full breadth of its market leading Australasian investment banking business. He draws on this significant experience to provide a unique insight to clients across a wide range of corporate finance transactions and other matters.
Antony's practice focuses on the full spectrum of capital markets transactions for both issuers and underwriters, as well as public M&A transactions. He advises general corporate, fundraising, securities and mergers & acquisitions across various sectors.
He also has a broad experience on financial services regulatory matters affecting investment banks and other financial institutions, and a professional qualification in intellectual property and practice.
Representative Legal Matters
Capital Markets - IPOs
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the A$4 billion IPO of QR National (now Aurizon) on the ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the A$2.5 billion IPO of Healthscope on the ASX.
- Advising UBS as joint lead manager to the A$995 million IPO of Spotless Group on the ASX.
Capital Markets - Placements, Rights offerings, Block Trades and Capital Management Initiatives
- Advising UBS as joint underwriter of the A$5.1 billion entitlement offer by Commonwealth Bank of Australia for balance sheet purposes.
- Advising UBS as joint underwriter of the A$1.01 billion entitlement offer by Virgin Australia for balance sheet purposes.
- Advising UBS as joint underwriter of the A$888 million entitlement offer by Mayne Pharma to fund the acquisition of generic drugs from Teva and Allergan.
Capital Markets - DCM
- Advising UBS as lead arranger of AMTN programmes for a number of Australian and offshore issuers.
- Advising UBS as arranger of convertible bond issuances by Western Areas, Horizon Oil, Drillsearch and Paladin.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising UBS as financial advisor to the proposed A$11 billion merger between Tabcorp and Tatts.
- Advising UBS as financial advisor to the A$1.2 billion takeover of Spotless by Downer EDI (including associated equity and bridge debt financing).
- New South Wales~Australia (2006)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- Nottingham Law School, UK (Post Graduate Diploma in Law)
- University of Bristol (Diploma Intellectual Property Law and Practice)
- University of Cambridge (MA Natural Sciences)