Gerald Ruiz is an associate in the Houston office and is a member of the North America Transactional practice group. Gerald began his career with Baker McKenzie as a summer associate in 2020. Prior to joining the Firm, he served as a law clerk for the Harris County Attorney's Office. He also served as a law clerk for Baker Hughes.
Gerald primarily works with oil and gas clients in a range of acquisitions, divestitures and transactional matters. Gerald also practices in the areas of corporate mergers and acquisitions as well as restructuring where he represents clients in a broad range of corporate and transactional matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston
- Texas~United States (2021)
- South Texas College of Law (JD, cum laude, Corporate Counsel Review) (2020)
- University of Houston (BS) (2015)
- Contributor, "How Key US States Are Responding To The Oil Price Collapse," Law 360, 29 July 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.