Dr. Jens Rubart is a counsel who joined Baker McKenzie in April 2011. Prior to that, he spent three years working in the transfer pricing service line at Deloitte & Touche. Dr. Rubart applies economic methods to client issues in tax, transfer pricing and competition law. He has more than a decade of experience in advanced econometrics and financial analysis.
Representative Legal Matters
- Quantification of cartel damages in the private enforcement of damage claims.
- Performed valuation of IP transactions and transfer or functions.
- Performed economic and empirical analyses for German and European merger cases.
- Assessed and consulted on rebate schemes in abuse of dominance cases.
- Transfer pricing studies for arm´s length remunerations in the financial service industry.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft (German Statistical Society) - Member
- German Economic Association - Member
- Technical University Darmstadt (Ph.D. Economics) (2006)
- University of Bielefeld (MSc Economics) (2000)
Author, FIW-Ferienkurs 2016, Wettbewerbsökonomische Grundzüge der Schadensschätzung
Author, "Zum Top-Down-Ansatz für immaterielle Wirtschaftsgüter: Bewertung von Routinefunktionen", DStR 30/2013
Author, "Base Erosion und Grenzsteuerbelastung – Eine empirische Überprüfung der Gewinnverlagerung deutscher multinationaler Konzerne", IStR 17/2013
Co-presenter, "Global Webinar Series: Antitrust and Competition Strategies – Rebates Made Easy: A Tool for Antitrust Counselling on Rebate Schemes in a Post-Intel World", June 2014
Co-presenter, "Monopolies: Market Power and Loss Estimation", October 2012