Zhenyu Ruan is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Shanghai office.
Mr. Ruan focuses on cross-border foreign investment projects and regulatory advisory matters involving the PRC, and has particular experience advising on M&A, technology and telecommunications, commercial and licensing transactions as well as regulatory compliance aspects of banking and finance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a US listed internet company on its landmark joint venture project and various corporate and regulatory compliance matters in China.
- Representing a US listed internet company on its acquisition of a Chinese internet company, joint venture establishment and various corporate and regulatory compliance matters in China.
- Representing a US financial group in its subscription of the capital increase and formation of a joint venture futures company in China.
- Representing an European insurance company in its disposal of shares in a Chinese insurance company and its restructuring of a life insurance joint venture company.
- Advising a global business process and IT outsourcing service provider on the implementation of various business initiatives in China.
- Advising a US listed internet company on its acquisition of the remaining shares of a Chinese leading online recruitment company.
- Advising a Chinese internet company on various online content licensing transactions.
- Advising a US-headquartered financial institution on its data outsourcing service operations and software offering in China.
- Advising a UK company on its acquisition of a Chinese medical device company.
- Acting for a Japanese PE fund in the investment of a telecommunications service provider in China.
- New York~United States (2009)
- Fudan University (LL.M.) (2003)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (LL.M.) (2002)
- Fudan University (LL.B.) (1999)