Sarah Roughead is a senior associate in the Corporate Markets team in Baker McKenzie's Melbourne office. Sarah also spent a year as an associate in Baker McKenzie's Chicago office.
Sarah advises clients on international and domestic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, cross border transactions and global reorganizations. She also advises on general commercial law and corporate governance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised multinational public and private companies in proposed acquisitions of target businesses.
- Advised a multinational pharmaceutical company on the purchase of another major pharmaceutical company's Australian narcotic raw materials business.
- Advised a global asset management company on multiple corporate reorganizations and cash repatriations spanning several jurisdictions.
- Advised a leading high-performance specialty chemicals and materials business, on the Asia Pacific aspects of the billion dollar spin-off of its products and packaging business.
- Advised a global cosmetics company on the acquisition of an Australian based online skincare products company with customers in 149+ countries.
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- High Court of Australia (2015)
- Victoria (2014)
- Monash University (LLB, with honors) (2013)