Sarah Roughead is an associate in the Corporate Markets team in Baker McKenzie's Melbourne office and currently working as a Corporate & Securities associate in the Chicago office.
Sarah's practice focuses on domestic and cross-border M&A and global reorganizations. Sarah advises clients on domestic and cross-border asset and share sales and purchases, implementing post-acquisition integrations and the reorganization of corporate groups. She also assists clients with general commercial law and corporate governance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised national and multinational public and private companies in a broad range of general corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
- Advised a global asset management company on multiple corporate reorganizations and cash repatriations spanning several jurisdictions.
- Advised Merit Medical Systems, Inc. on the its acquisitions of IntelliMedial Technologies Pty Ltd and ITL Healthcare Pty Ltd (each Australian private companies) (price undisclosed).
- Advised a multinational IT services company on the Australian aspects of a global spin-merger.
- Acted for a leading high-performance specialty chemicals and materials business, on the Asia Pacific aspects of the billion dollar spin-off of its products and packaging business.
- Advised a multinational pharmaceutical company on the purchase of another major pharmaceutical company's Australian narcotic raw materials business.
- Advised a global cosmetics company on the acquisition of an Australian based online skincare products company with customers in 149+ countries.
- High Court of Australia (2015)
- Victoria (2014)
- Monash University (LLB with honors) (2013)
- Monash University (BA) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.