Monique is a senior associate in the Tax group. She first joined the Firm in 2010.
Monique's focus is on the Australian income tax consequences of cross border investment, with a particular emphasis on technology, infrastructure, agribusiness, energy and consumer goods industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a multinational technology company (and preparing) a private binding ruling application to the Australian Tax Office regarding the establishment of a new technology infrastructure project in Australia.
- Advising a global investment advisor on its proposed subscription of units in a special purpose Australian unit trust (established for the purposes of an underlying property investment).
- Advising an international professional services company on its global restructure.
- Advising a large consumer goods company on the restructure of its operations in Australia and New Zealand.
- Advising and assisting a multinational company with transfer pricing reports.
- Advising a Consortium on the potential acquisition of the RiverCity Motorway in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Advising foreign corporations on corporate acquisitions and restructures.
- Advising not-for-profit organisations on taxation issues and corporate structuring.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Global Shapers (World Economic Forum) - Member
- Ben Franklin Club Sydney (US Consulate General Sydney) - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2012)
- University of Sydney (J.D., Hons. eq.) (2011)
- University of Bridgeport (USA) (B.A. International Political Economy and Diplomacy, Hons) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.