Marek Rosinski is a partner of the Firm’s Warsaw office and head of the IP, IT and Life Sciences local practice group. He is also a member of the EMEA IP Practice Group Steering Committee. Mr. Rosinski is recommended by Legal 500 and has been cited by Chambers Europe as a leading adviser in intellectual property and TMT law. He was recognized by PLC Which lawyer? as one of the best lawyers in IP, IT and Telecommunications Law in Poland. He also provides pro bono advice to the Polish National Center for Research and Development.
Mr. Rosinski has an extensive knowledge of the IT industry. He has advised on the largest IT implementation and outsourcing projects in Poland, as well as on other technology related issues. He also has experience in intellectual property matters such as: trademarks and domain names; copyright; anti-counterfeiting and privacy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the Polish government on barriers to innovation and preparing the report "Legal barriers to R+D+I activities: Identification, analysis, recommendations", which was the basis for designing the EUR8 billion public aid programs from 2014 to 2020.
- Acting as the legal and ethical advisor to the SAVASA consortium, a ground breaking EU project aimed at creating a pan-European, "privacy by design", cloud-based IT platform to be used for indexing, storage, management and remote access of video surveillance information collected by CCTV systems.
- Representing an American multinational IT corporation in 3-year arbitration proceedings against the largest Polish insurance company connected with the implementation of a central IT system (valued at over USD270 million).
- Advising a management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company acting in a consortium in the successful implementation and maintenance of a central IT system for PKO BP, the largest retail bank in Poland (value of the transaction exceeded EUR200 million).
- Representing an American multinational information technology corporation in several IT transactions in the financial and public sector including the implementation of the IACS system (EU subsidies) for the Agency for Modernization and Restructuring of Polish Agriculture.
- Advising a leading global corporation specializing in Internet-related services on the first case regarding "the right to be forgotten" in Poland.
- Successfully representing Lotte Wedel, the biggest Polish producer of confectioneries, regarding their flagship, the renowned Polish brand "Ptasie Mleczko", and helping the client to create and implement a strategy which led to reacquiring the distinctiveness of their degenerated trademark. The matter had its roots in the 1950s when Wedel was nationalized by Communist Poland. The recently issued positive decision of the Patent Office ended a 10-year legal battle consisting of a series of litigation proceedings.
- The only lawyer in Poland named Eminent Practitioner for TMT and IP law, Chambers Europe
- Leading Individual for TMT and IP in Poland, Legal 500
- Named "IP Star" by Managing IP ("Rosinski gave us wise advice, he was very calm, and ran our case with great care.")
- Recommended for enforcement and litigation in Poland, World Trademark Review ("Marek Rosinski is one of the country's foremost IT sages, but also a crucial part of the trademark practice.")
- Ranked among the 100 most influential people in the Polish outsourcing industry, Outsourcing Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Polish Bar Association
- Computer Law Association
- Polish American Chamber of Commerce - Chairman of the IPR Committee
- Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors
- Poland (1996)
- University of Warsaw (Law Degree) (1992)