Lynn Rosell Rowley is a partner in the Banking and Finance Department in London. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2007 and became a partner in July 2012. Lynn previously practiced in the finance team at Wragge & Co LLP, where she advised on a broad range of banking and finance areas. Prior to university, she spent six years working for Barclays Bank plc in a variety of roles.
Lynn focuses her practice on acquisition finance, in particular cross-border and multijurisdictional leveraged finance, and syndicated lending. She also has experience in debt restructuring.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising EQT on the financing of the EUR1.8 billion acquisition of Germany's BSN medical from Montagu Private Equity.
- Advising EQT on the financing of EQT VI fund's acquisition of data and telecom provider Ventelo Holding AS.
- Advising Carlsberg Breweries A/S on the negotiation of an EUR800 million revolving facility agreement.
- Advising EQT on the financing of its acquisition of Atos Medical from Nordic Capital.
- Advising EQT in relation to its acquisition of a controlling interest in AcadeMedia AB, Sweden's largest private education group in a public to private deal.
- Advising EQT on the financing of its acquisition of dark fibre network operator Hafslund Fibernett, owner and operator of Norway's largest independent optical fibre network.
- Advising EQT on the financing of its acquisition of XXL Sport & Villmark, the Nordic region's fastest growing sports retail chain.
- Advising sponsor EQT on the restructuring of EUR969 million of debt of Sanitec, which involved Sanitec's EUR839 senior debt being reduced to EUR300 million, and EUR130 million in second lien debt being wiped out completely, in exchange for lenders receiving a 22.5 percent stake in the restructured entity.
- Advising ISS on the refinancing of a portion of its 2010 Euro Medium Term Notes, . As part of this refinancing, newly formed ISS Financing Plc issued EUR525 million of 11 percent senior notes due 2014. The proceeds were lent to ISS Global A/S and used to tender for EUR500 million of the 2010 Euro Medium Term Notes.
- Advising Medi-Clinic Corporation in relation to limited recourse financing facilities of approximately CHF2.8 billion in connection with its buyout of the Hirslanden AG hospitals group, for an enterprise value of approximately CHF3.6 billion.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- College of Law at York (L.P.C.) (1998)
- University of Sheffield (LL.B. 2:01) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.