Colleen Romero works in the Firm’s Global Tax Practice Group. She regularly advises multinational companies at all stages of tax disputes — from audit to administrative appeal and US Tax Court litigation.
Ms. Romero advises clients primarily on transfer pricing matters. She helps develop strategies for negotiating with the IRS during audits and contesting the agency’s determinations in administrative hearings and in court. Ms. Romero also regularly lectures on transfer pricing and federal tax controversy issues for the Tax Executives Institute and other organizations.
Representative Legal Matters
- First Data Corp. and Subsidiaries v. Comm'r, TIC. Docket No. 7042-09.
- Stobic Creek Investments, LLC v. United States, 82 Fed. Cl. 636 (2008).
- Abbott Labs v. Commissioner, Tax Ct. No. 29307-11
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2008)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2003)
- Illinois~United States (2003)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2003)
- University of Notre Dame (B.S. cum laude) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.