Mariana Rojas is a member of the International Commercial & Trade Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office. She joined the Firm in 2010 and has experience in matters related to foreign trade and customs, free trade agreements (FTA), regulatory matters, consumer's protection and domestic and international litigation procedures.
Mariana focuses in commercial international matters, mainly counseling Mexican and foreign companies in antidumping investigations and trade matters, including rules of origin, verifications of origin and related subjects in terms of FTAs, non-tariff import regulations, labeling and diverse regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in verifications of origin by the Mexican tax authorities for various products imported to Mexico to avail of duty free treatment under different FTAs.
- Represented clients in proceedings related to unfair practices in international commerce, including antidumping investigations, in and special proceedings before the International Commercial Practices Unit of the Ministry of Economy.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Chamber of Commerce (Young Arbitrators) - Member
- Mexico (2015)
- University of Edinburgh (LL.M Commercial Law with Merit) (2017)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (J.D.) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.