Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Tobias worked on the following matters:
- Represented Bank Raiffeisen in connection with the sale of its asset management business to Bank Vontobel.
- Represented several real estate companies in real estate transactions and in the set-up of tax structures.
- Represented numerous companies in connection with relocation to or exit from Switzerland.
- Represented numerous financial institutions in connection with financing transactions.
- Advised various Swiss banks in connection with internal investigations regarding the US tax program.
- Advised numerous companies in connection with restructurings and reorganizations.
- Advised numerous private and corporate clients on voluntary disclosure matters.
- Advised numerous private clients on estate and tax planning matters.
- Indirect Tax Leader, International Tax Review 2017
- Recognized in Tax, Switzerland, Legal 500 EMEA 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Tax Journal Zurcher Steuerpraxis - Member of the Editorial Board
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Swiss Expert Association for Audit, Tax and Fiduciary
- Alumni Association of the University of St Gallen (HSG) - Member of the Board
- Major in the Swiss Army
- Zurich~Switzerland (2004)
- Swiss Certified Tax Expert (2008)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur. HSG) (2007)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur. HSG) (2002)
- University of Lausanne (2000)
Co-author, "Welchen Wert haben Token für Vermögenssteuerzwecke?" Expert Focus, December 2018, p. 1010 et sqq.
Co-author, "Mehrwertsteuerliche Aspekte von Initial Coin Offerings," Expert Focus, August 2018, p. 638 et sqq.
Co-author, “US-amerikanische REIT – komplex, aber interessant,“ Schweizer Personalvorsorge, June 2018, p. 82 et sqq
Speaker, "VAT audit from the perspective of a VAT payer", Baker McKenzie Client Seminar, April 2019
Speaker, “Tax Structuring of Leveraged M&A-Transactions”, MAS Corporate Finance & Corporate Banking 2017, 9 March 2019