Dr. Tobias F. Rohner is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office. Tobias has significant experience in Swiss and international tax planning matters for corporations and high net worth individuals. He is a lecturer in tax law at Zurich University and Zurich University of Applied Sciences, and a frequent speaker at national and international conferences. He also regularly writes articles on taxation.
Tobias has broad experience in corporate and individual tax matters. He focuses his practice on corporate tax planning for Swiss and multinational companies, cross-border business restructuring, real estate transactions and VAT. He advises on all tax aspects of reorganizations and M&A transactions as well as equity compensation programs. He also assists private clients in wealth planning and voluntary disclosures, and represents them in tax audits and litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Tobias worked on the following matters:
- Represented Bank Raiffeisen in connection with the sale of its asset management business to Bank Vontobel.
- Represented several real estate companies in real estate transactions and in the set-up of tax structures.
- Represented numerous companies in connection with relocation to or exit from Switzerland.
- Represented numerous financial institutions in connection with financing transactions.
- Advised various Swiss banks in connection with internal investigations regarding the US tax program.
- Advised numerous companies in connection with restructurings and reorganizations.
- Advised numerous private and corporate clients on voluntary disclosure matters.
- Advised numerous private clients on estate and tax planning matters.
- Indirect Tax Leader, International Tax Review 2017
- Recognized in Tax, Switzerland, Legal 500 EMEA 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Tax Journal Zurcher Steuerpraxis - Member of the Editorial Board
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Swiss Expert Association for Audit, Tax and Fiduciary
- Alumni Association of the University of St Gallen (HSG) - Member of the Board
- Major in the Swiss Army
- Zurich~Switzerland (2004)
- Swiss Certified Tax Expert (2008)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur. HSG) (2007)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur. HSG) (2002)
- University of Lausanne (2000)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.