Johan Rodriguez is an associate at the Dispute Resolution Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Bogota office, where he advises local and foreign clients in highly complex controversies.
Prior to joining the Firm, Johan worked at the dispute resolution practice of a leading Colombian law firm, advising clients in domestic and international arbitration in energy and construction matters. He also worked for a Paris-based global law firm specializing in investment treaty and international commercial arbitration, where he represented multinationals and states in conflicts arising in the mining and infrastructure sectors. Furthermore, Johan interned at the Constitutional Court of Colombia, supporting the Office of the H. Chief Justice.
As a law student, Johan gained broad experience in moot court competitions on international law, participating in academic events having place across the Americas and Europe.
He currently serves as an assistant professor for the courses of contracts and international arbitration at Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- Enrique Santamaria Hermida Scholarship for undergraduate studies (2014)
- Tomás Rueda Vargas Scholarship for graduate studies (2020)
- Bogota Chamber of Commerce Scholarship to partake The Hague Academy of International Law (2018)
- Highest honors granted six times by Universidad Nacional de Colombia due to outstanding academic results (2016-2018)
- Best score nationwide in the exam of law applied by the Ministry of Education of Colombia (2018)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Arbitration Network of the Bogota Chamber of Commerce
- Young (ICCA) International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Colombian Very Young Arbitration Practitioners
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Universidad del Rosario (Graduate Program Contracts) (2021)
- Hague Academy of International Law (Course Private International Law) (2019)
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (JD) (2019)