Daniel Robyn is a partner in the Firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group in San Francisco and a member of the Foreign Direct Investment sub-group. He is admitted to practice law in California and in Germany and completed his German legal traineeship in Baker McKenzie’s Düsseldorf office. He has authored numerous articles on US transactional and litigation matters and co-authored a handbook on contract law, enforcement of rights, and secured transactions in foreign trade. He regularly speaks at law conferences in Germany and Austria.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading semiconductor company on the post-acquisition integration, asset transfers, and share transfers relating to its entities in Asia Pacific and EMEA.
- Advised a leading medical technology company on international aspects of the separation and spin-off of one of its major business divisions covering 30 jurisdictions.
- Advised a multinational communications company on international aspects of the sale of one of its major business units to a Dutch joint venture in approximately 70 jurisdictions, serving as country lead for 10 jurisdictions in EMEA.
- Advised a multinational communications company on the separation and spin-off of one of its major business units in more than 35 jurisdictions, serving as country lead for multiple jurisdictions in EMEA and Asia Pacific.
- Advised a Silicon Valley semiconductor company in its tax restructuring — including share transfers, asset transfers, and domestic and local mergers — encompassing a total of 15 jurisdictions in EMEA and Asia Pacific.
- Drafted general terms and conditions of sale and reseller agreements for an Austrian heavy machinery manufacturer, and advised on measures to minimize US product liability exposure.
- Advised a US medical equipment manufacturer on scope and content of distribution agreement with Chinese distributor.
- Advised a German solar company in its defense against a lawsuit filed in the state of California involving alleged breach of contract.
- Advised a German freight forwarding company in its defense against a lawsuit filed in the state of New York involving alleged damages to a luxury retailer.
- Advised a German trucking company in its defense against a lawsuit filed in the state of Pennsylvania involving allegedly defective shipping containers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV)
- California~United States (2002)
- Germany (2000)
- University of Cologne (Second State Exam) (2000)
- University of Georgia (LL.M.) (1998)
- University of Cologne (First State Exam) (1997)