Marcela is a Partner in our San Francisco office. Marcela has significant experience handling all intellectual property, data and technology aspects in a wide range of corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, licensing, collaboration agreements and joint ventures.
Marcela has practiced law in the United States and Colombia. She is a member of the American and California Bar Associations, as well as the International Trademark Association and the Hispanic National Bar Association.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Embracer Group in the acquisition of Gearbox Entertainment and in the acquisition of several other game developers.
- Advised Zynga on its acquisition of Echtra Games.
- Advised Devolver in connection with its licensing agreement with Mediatonic and Epic Games.
- Advised Brunswick Corporation in the acquisition of the Navico Group.
Prior to joining the Firm, Marcela advised on the following matters:
- Advised Microsoft in the acquisition of Github.
- Advised Alibaba in a strategic partnership with Starbucks.
- Advised Syncsort in the acquisition of Pitney Bowes’ Software Solutions Business.
- Advised Dell in the acquisition of EMC and the sale of Dell’s software business.
- Advised Verisure in a commercial agreement with Arlo Technologies.
- Advised Microsoft in the acquisition of LinkedIn.
- Advised USAA in the sale of its wealth management and brokerage business to Charles Schwab and the sale of its asset management company to Victory Capital.
- Advised Microsoft in the acquisition of Skype Global Sarl.
- Advised Alibaba in its investment in Weibo Corporation and strategic alliance with SINA Corporation.
- Advised Despegar in its acquisition of Best Day Travel Group.
- Legal 500 “Next Generation Lawyer” 2018 and 2019
- Hispanic National Bar Association Top Lawyers under 40 Award 2018
- Recipient, Leading Women in Technology Willpower, 2015
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Leadership Council for Legal Diversity
- American Bar Association Intellectual Property Section
- Leading Women in Technology
- ChIPs Women in IP
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- California~United States (2007)
- Colombia (2001)
- New York University School of Law (LLM) (2006)
- Universidad de los Andes (LLM) (2004)
- Universidad Javeriana (JD) (2001)
Firm Committee Memberships
- North America Intellectual Property and Technology