Tracy Robbins is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Employment & Compensation Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Tracy was recently seconded to the Firm's London office for four months where she gained invaluable experience working on the employment-related aspects of two multibillion-dollar multijurisdictional transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the seller in a multibillion-dollar transaction spanning 45 jurisdictions and handling employment-related matters such as business transfers, stock sales, reverse carve outs and employee transfers in eight jurisdictions.
- Acting for the buyer in a multibillion-dollar transaction spanning 43 jurisdictions and handling employment-related matters such as including reverse carve outs, carve outs and stock sales in relation to 7 jurisdictions.
- Advised a client on large-scale retrenchment proceedings.
- Advised an international client on a section 197 transaction.
- Compiled a due diligence report in relation to a share sale transaction.
- Advised a client on review proceedings and drafted accompanying papers.
- Attended to an application to rescind a default arbitration award and drafted heads of argument for same.
- Successfully attended to an unfair dismissal arbitration where an independent contractor claimed he was an employee, and drafted heads of argument for same.
- Successfully opposed an urgent application for reinstatement.
- Attended to an application to review a rescission ruling.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- The South African Society for Labour Law - Member
- South Africa (2015)
- (Aspirant Prosecutor Training Program) (2016)
- University of Pretoria (LLB) (2012)