Representative Legal Matters
Before joining the Firm, she was part of the tax team that:
- Provided structuring and tax advice to a leading European real estate asset manager in connection with the acquisition of several commercial real estate properties (office buildings, shopping center, logistic properties) in Munich, Dusseldorf, Berlin and Karlsruhe.
- Advised a leading data center provider in connection with the acquisition of several properties in Frankfurt and Munich (total value approx. EUR 250 million) with regard to value added tax and real estate transfer tax.
- Advised Prevent Group on tax matters in connection with the sale of its subsidiary Neue Halberg-Guss to AVIR Guss Holding.
- Provided tax advice in connection with the sale of Minimax Viking Group by Klister LLC and Kirkbi to Intermediate Capital Group (ICG).
- Advised a worldwide hedge fund manager on tax matters with regard to the acquisition of several ships and shipping companies from German sellers.
- Advised Deutsche Bank AG on tax and structuring matters in connection with a strategic disposal of a portfolio of USD 1 billion of shipping loans spread across a diversified pool of maritime sectors and sponsors to Varde and Oak Hill.
- Advised a leading German bank on tax matters in connection with a Cornerstone investment into two private equity funds.
- Advised on structuring and tax matters in connection with the acquisition of Noske-Kaeser-Group by ENGIE Axima from an insolvency receiver.
- Provided corporate advice and due diligence to DPK Deutsche Privatkapital for the acquisition of Weibler Confiserie.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Germany (2017)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (Second State Examination) (2016)
- University of Augsburg (First State Examination) (2014)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (LL.M.) (2014)
Author, "Update on envisaged new rules regarding real estate transfer tax on share deals in Germany," Lexology, August 2, 2019
Author, "New requirement to amend certain profit and loss transfer agreements to protect German tax group status," Lexology, June 27, 2019
Author, "Envisaged new rules regarding real estate transfer tax on share deals in Germany," Lexology, May 14, 2019
Managing Director: Dr. Matthias Scholz
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.