Dr. Christian Rioult is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Finance practice groups in Zurich. Prior to joining the Firm, Christian worked as a research assistant at the University of St. Gallen under Prof. Dr. Urs Bertschinger where he earned his PhD in Law. He was also a visiting researcher at UC Berkeley. Furthermore, he regularly publishes articles in his fields of practice.
Christian’s practice focuses on internal reorganizations, corporate law matters and mergers and acquisitions. His practice includes debt capital markets, loans and credit facilities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur.) (2016)
- University of St. Gallen (MA Law & Economics) (2014)
- Peking University (Exchange Student) (2013)
- University of St. Gallen (BA Law & Economics) (2012)
- Author, "Kundensegmentierung (Client segmentation)", edited by Baker McKenzie Zurich, Neue Finanzmarktarchitektur, Zürich 2020
- Author, "Interessenkonflikte (Conflicts of interest)", edited by Baker McKenzie Zurich, Neue Finanzmarktarchitektur, Zurich 2020
- Co-author, "Steuerrecht (Tax Law)," edited by Andreas Kellerhals/Tobias Baumgartner, Wirtschaftsrecht Schweiz-EU, Überblick und Kommentar 2017/2018, Zurich/St. Gallen 2018
- Author, "Geschlechterrichtwerte für Verwaltungsrat und Geschäftsleitung (Gender benchmarks for the board of directors and the executive board)", Jusletter of March 12, 2018
- Co-author, "Steuerrecht (Tax Law)," edited by Andreas Kellerhals/Tobias Baumgartner, Wirtschaftsrecht Schweiz-EU, Überblick und Kommentar 2016/2017, Zurich/St. Gallen 2017