Katharina Riedl, an associate, joined Baker McKenzie Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG in 2014. Prior to joining the Firm, Katharina worked as a research assistant at Duke University School of Law and interned at the arbitration department of a US law firm in London. She also interned with the Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC) and was an associate at a boutique law firm in Vienna.
Katharina focuses her practice on international arbitration. She advises national and international companies on commercial arbitration disputes, especially relating to corporate, post-merger and acquisition, and disputes arising out of franchise agreements. She has been involved in ad hoc arbitrations and in arbitral proceedings under the rules of the ICC, VIAC and the Swiss Rules.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a German company in a post-M&A dispute under the DIS-Rules.
- Represented a bank in arbitration involving the effects of insolvency on arbitration in Eastern Europe.
- Representing shareholders in a corporate dispute under Swiss rules.
- Acted for a Bulgarian company in a corporate dispute under Vienna rules.
- Acted for an Austrian company in ad hoc arbitrations arising out of franchise agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- YAAP (Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners) - Member
- YIAG (LCIA Young International Arbitration Group) - Member
- DIS40 (German Institution of Arbitration) - Member
- ICC YAF (ICC Young Arbitrators Forsum) - Member
- Austria (2018)
- Duke University School of Law (LLM) (2013)
- University of Linz (Mag. iur.) (2012)
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.