Alexander Rickets is an associate in Baker McKenzie's London office in the EU, Competition & Trade department, with a focus on EU and UK competition law, foreign investment rules, compliance and investigations.
Alexander has experience advising a broad range of clients on merger control, foreign investment, regulatory investigation and behavioural competition issues, in a variety of industry sectors. Alexander has particular experience advising on, and coordinating, complex cross-border regulatory processes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational consulting group on the UK national security aspects of its acquisition of a German-headquartered engineering consulting and services firm.
- Advised a Chinese investor on the UK foreign investment review and merger control regimes in relation to a portfolio company in the UK technology industry.
- Acted for a global sports rights company in relation to a multijurisdictional cartel investigation.
- Advised a global software company on UK foreign investment rules in relation to the sale of its enterprise business.
- Advised a global information technology company on a multijurisdictional compliance investigation.
- Advised a Chinese multinational technology conglomerate on UK foreign investment and merger control rules in relation to various UK investments.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2017)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.