Peter Richardson is an associate in the Firm's Global Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Group. His main areas of practice include clean energy, emissions trading and major projects. Mr. Richardson joined Baker McKenzie's London office in 2006 before moving to Chicago in 2012. He has also spent time in the Firm's Sydney office and on secondment to a UK-based carbon fund.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a South American contractor on the development of a series of biomass supply agreements with an aggregate value in excess of USD2 billion.
- Advised a range of project developers, investment banks and carbon funds on emission reduction projects in Russia, China and Asia.
- Advised Kazakhstan Petrochemical Industries JSC on the USD5 billion development of an integrated petrochemical project in Kazakhstan.
- Advised Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden) on the USD11 billion development of an aluminium project in Saudi Arabia.
- Seconded to a UK-based carbon fund to develop a number of clean development mechanism (CDM) projects, with a particular focus on Southeast Asia.
- Advised an international agribusiness in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of CDM projects.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- College of Law at London (L.P.C. with Distinction) (2005)
- University of Sydney (Master's Degree International Law with Distinction) (2004)
- Oxford University (New College) (Law 2:01) (2002)