Pascal Richard is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office. He focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions and private equity.
Before joining the Firm in 2016, Pascal worked as legal counsel in the legal department of a Swiss defense and technology group of companies and as an associate and partner respectively in business law firms in London and Zurich.
Pascal regularly conducts presentations on M&A transactions and corporate law including at the University of St. Gallen (HSG).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Hitachi on the USD 11 billion acquisition of ABB's power grids business in over 100 jurisdictions (the largest ever acquisition by a Japanese industrial company).
- Advised UBS regarding the sale of a majority stake in UBS Fondcenter to Clearstream.
- Advised Mövenpick Group and Kingdom Holding Company regarding the sale of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts to AccorHotels.
- Advised majority shareholders regarding the sale of SSN Group AG to Consus Real Estate AG.
- Advised Fortress Paper Ltd regarding the sale of Landqart AG to the Swiss National Bank.
- Advised Aduno Gruppe regarding the sale of Aduno SA to SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Advised Swedish Intrum on numerous M&A transactions.
- Advised Telecom Liechtenstein AG and the Principality of Liechtenstein regarding the merger with mobilkom Liechtenstein AG, a subsidiary of Telekom Austria AG.
- Advised Notenstein Privatbank AG regarding the acquisition of a significant shareholding in EFG Financial Products Holding AG (today Leonteq AG).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Senior Courts of England & Wales~United Kingdom (2009)
- Zurich~Switzerland (2006)
- College of Law of England and Wales (LL.M.) (2011)
- University of Bern (lic. iur.) (2003)