Aaron Rice is a partner in the Firm's Chicago office and provides advice on corporate and securities matters. He is a President's Circle member of The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, a board member of Metropolitan Family Services’ Legal Aid Society and a member of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Rice’s practice is focused on advising NYSE and NASDAQ-listed companies — including public REITs and foreign private issuers — on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. Mr. Rice also regularly advises US public companies on corporate governance matters, disclosure issues, securities and stock exchange requirements, shareholder engagement and fiduciary duties. He also advises companies with respect to drafting corporate governance documents, advising on listing rules and securities law disclosure requirements, and shareholder activism and engagement.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Keurig Green Mountain, Inc., the developer of the Keurig brand coffeemaker system, in connection with a minority public equity investment by The Coca-Cola Company valued at USD1.25 billion and a related strategic business collaboration.
- Represented Physicians Realty Trust, an NYSE-listed REIT, in connection with several follow-on public offerings of common shares, which generated over USD1 billion in net proceeds for the company.
- Represented Molex Incorporated, a global electronics components company, in connection with its acquisition of FCT Electronics Group, based in Munich, Germany with operations in the US, Germany, Czech Republic and Thailand.
- Represented an NYSE-listed wire and cable manufacturer in connection with the divestiture of its Thailand operations.
- Represented Merrill Corporation in connection with the divestiture of its Legal Solutions Business.
- Represented Ecolab Inc., an NYSE-listed global leader in cleaning, sanitizing, food safety and infection prevention products and services, on its USD8.3 billion public stock and cash merger with Nalco Holding Company, the world’s leading water treatment and process improvement company.
- Represented Sims Metal Management Limited, an Australian Securities Exchange-listed metal recycling company, in connection with its USD1.6 billion acquisition of Metal Management Inc., an NYSE-listed company, through a share merger transaction.
- Represented Footstar Inc., a public footwear retailer, on its voluntary dissolution and liquidation.
- Represented HOYA Corporation, a Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed company, on its sale of its PENTAX Imaging System Business to Ricoh Company Ltd., a Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed company.
- Represented Mitsubishi Steel Mfg. Ltd., a Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed steel manufacturer, on its acquisition from ArvinMeritor Corporation, an NYSE-listed automotive parts supplier, of interests in joint ventures in the United States and Canada producing automotive components.
- Represented a Spanish publicly traded company on its acquisition of control of a US construction company worth USD72 million.
While in law school, Mr. Rice received Best Oralist and his team was awarded First Place at the Illinois Appellate Lawyers Associations’ Midwest Moot Court Competition.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, President's Circle
- Metropolitan Family Services’ Legal Aid Society, Board Member
- J Street, National Leadership Circle and Executive Committee Member of J Street Chicago
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2003)
- Illinois~United States (2003)
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2003)
- Emory University (B.A.) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.